Wednesday, August 6, 2014

Grilling Up Fruit

A few weeks ago we spent some time at a summer rental cottage with extended family. We had a fabulous time! We played games, watched sunsets, swam in the lake, built campfires and shared meals together. All the meals were fit for kings. 
Here, I will share a few ideas for desserts by campfire (or grill)... the first of which I have no photo. Uncle Mark brought pie irons, so we made cherry pie tarts. Three ingredients: Cherry pie filling, bread, butter. Make sure to bring a can opener to open the filling!

Uncle Stu treated us to campfire bananas stuffed with marshmallows and chocolate (I think you could also put in some peanut butter). So decadent!

Inspired by a cooking show, I fired up some apples stuffed with dried fruit, oats, brown sugar and butter. Another tasty treat! 

Taking the core out of the apple is not as difficult as one may think.



No comments:

Post a Comment