I have a friend who just celebrated an anniversary and wrote a lovely post that brought tears to my eyes. I was so inspired that I will share with you what I did for my husband.
I was thinking of making a pie. He is not a man who is into sweets but he somehow likes when I take the time to make a dessert. A few days ago I asked him if he would like a chocolate-walnut pie (yummy). His response was, "Does it have peanut butter in it?" Thus, my quest continued and ended up on this: Peanut Butter S'mores Bars.
This was the messiest dessert I have ever created. I was hoping for bars as the recipe indicated but we had to put each bar at the bottom of a shallow plate with ice cream and whipped cream on it. C'est la vie.
Here's how to create this ooey, gooey goodness:
One package of refrigerated peanut butter cookie dough pressed into the bottom of a 9x13 pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes. Top with about 2 cups of mini marshmallows. Put back in the oven for 3-4 minutes until marshmallows are puffy.
Remove from oven and sprinkle with chocolate chips and M&Ms (I used Reese's pieces). You are supposed to drizzle it with a melted chocolate chip-shortening mixture but I didn't feel that it needed it. Let cool.


No comments:
Post a Comment