I spent last week visiting my grandma in Illinois. I love my little grandma! She is an amazingly feisty, historically-detailed, ninety-three year old woman whose body is now being claimed by cancer.
Before I had arrived, she had been going through some old boxes around her house (yup, she still lives on her own). While going through the boxes she found the clothes her mother made for her when she was a child. She showed me them during my visit. It is so surprising to me that these clothes were made by hand by my great-grandma between the years 1920 and 1934... and that they still basically look wearable now. Amazing!
We had fun looking through the collection. Grandma was able to tell me the difference between tatting (knots and loops that look like lace) and crocheting (uses a crochet hook).
| Notice the blue outfit... |
| Grandma and her brother in 1926. In the photo, she is wearing the little blue outfit. |
Travel Adventure Tip: There is an awesome diner off of I-74 in LeRoy, Illinois (between Bloomington and Champaign) called Jack's Cafe. It is a must-stop for a meal if you ever find yourself traveling by there.


No comments:
Post a Comment