Thursday, August 29, 2013

A time to be...

"For everything there is a season, and a time for every matter under heaven."  Ecclesiastes 3:1

Well... we're back.  We had to say goodbye to my little grandma this past week. It was her time to be with the Lord and she feels pain no more. She will be missed.

It was our time for travel, for prayers, for family, for conversations and for memories.  I  am so thankful for all the emails, voicemail messages, text messages, funeral home guestbook entries, thoughtfully-sent cards, kind letters, and hugs from dear friends and family who reached out during this time.  How precious they were!  It was also our time to take detours -- the Keith & Julie way.  On our way back to Ohio we decided that it would be fine to go see the Field of Dreams which is in Iowa! So we crossed the Mississippi River twice that day.

Field of Dreams 

The mighty Mississippi from the shores of Clifton, Iowa
And after a week of this outpouring of love and adventure, it is time to get back to the fun stuff: laundry, mowing, vacuuming, dishes, oh, and school!  We are both happy to be busy back in school.  It is consuming.  This is especially true for band directors in the fall.

Adventure Tip:  If you ever are able to drive 26 miles west of Dubuque on Route 20, you should definitely stop to see the Field of Dreams. 

1 comment:

  1. I'm sorry I missed this post. I am glad you felt loved in this tough time, though. We all know how much you loved her and that she must have been proud of you! I am so glad you got to take that last trip to go see her a few weeks ago. Thinking of you!

    ReplyDelete