Thursday, August 15, 2013

Custom Ordered

When an entrepreneur says, "I do custom orders too."  My typical thought is, "Really? What could I possibly need that is customized?"  Well, I'll tell you...

I made two custom jewelry orders with Kate from Red Giraffe Designs this summer, and I could not be MORE pleased.  I met Kate at a booth at the Park Street Festival and fell in love with her style of jewelry. She has a Facebook page, a website, and is on Etsy.  She is easy to work with and very affordable. 

I had a great gift idea for a sweet high school girl that have been tutoring in calculus this summer. She was graduating and is headed out-of-state to college. I emailed Kate to ask if she would make a compass pendant necklace with a charm that states, "Guide Me." from Psalm 25:5  It came in beautifully.  Kate even gift-wrapped it in a simple brown box for me. 

Then another custom idea came to mind (somebody stop me!).  One of my dear friends, Christin, lives in Florida.  It seems so geographically far away... and it is.  So I asked Kate make the outline of Florida (she does outlines for any state) with a little Ohio charm to dangle over it.  This turned out better than I thought.  I ordered three... one for Christin, one for me, and one for another Ohio friend, Colleen.  Now Florida and Ohio are always close via these custom friendship necklaces. 





Guide me in your truth and teach me, for you are God my savior, 
and my hope is in you all day long.   Psalm 25:5



Jewelry Adventure Tip:  Paying for everything through Etsy was the easiest route... once I set up an account.

No comments:

Post a Comment