Friday, May 3, 2013

Tulip Journey

Oh, the joy of watching the things that are planted grow!!!

Last fall, I made my first attempt at planting bulbs.  I planted tulip bulbs and daffodil bulbs.  The daffodils were to bloom early spring (which they did) and the tulips were to bloom late spring.  I cannot tell you how exciting it was to see the "fruits" of my labor as the sprouts peeked through the ground.  What was planned and planted grew!
This was done to ensure the beauty of color would paint the canvas of our landscape from spring through fall.
Daffodils - early spring;
Tulips - late spring;
Daylilies - late May through early summer;
Black-eyed Susans - by August and late summer
Chrysanthemums- early fall and stay hardy until nearly Thanksgiving

BUT even with the promise of continued color, today we have just one tulip left... and it seems so sad. The lilies will be here soon but I really was hoping the tulips would hang on a little longer.

Here's a glance at our tulips' journey over the past month:

The excitement begins on St. Patrick's Day
Snow on March 26th

April 10th
Seeing the buds on April 16th
Daffodils and Tulips together on April 18th
After the rain on April 29th
Petals scatter the ground by May 3rd.

No comments:

Post a Comment