What about a Godmother? Does the tune to Bibbidi-Bobbidi-Boo echo between your ears? Perhaps a magic wand making dreams come true?
Those are both fun images but God knows that true blessing is being a godparent. A true blessing and true responsibility. My godmother is my aunt. And she did a great job of reminding me of the blessing of my baptism.
| A wildflower that bloomed on Larkyn's baptism, grown from a seed given at Stacie's baby shower. |
My friend, Stacie, so graciously asked me to be the godmother for her lovely daughter, Larkyn, in 2011. This was quite an honor for me. Larkyn is super fun, energetic, and assertive. Just the kind of child that God wanted to give Stacie and her husband. I was so glad to be there the day she was baptized into God's family. I am blessed watch her grow in-step with God's promises for her life.
I pray for Larkyn daily. I also have received a special prayer request or two from her momma when the daily stuff gets... challenging. Wish I could do more than pray.
| Larkyn's Baptism Day! |
| By the font with Mom, Dad, and Pastor Jim. |
My friends, Carrie and Jim, recently asked me to be the godmother for their son, James. Again, this was wonderful, rewarding news for me. A role I take very seriously. James's baptism was wonderful... he was washed by water, oil, and the Holy Spirit. Carrie and Jim are godly parents and if I can support them and help their child to know Jesus better, I couldn't ask for more...
Except for maybe a cannoli.
| With Mom and Dad, by the font. |
| James' Baptism Day! |
What an unexpected, lovely post! Larkyn is lucky to have you in her life (and so are we!) Thank you for loving her:)
ReplyDeleteWe as Parents of James are now and have been blessed by your devotion as a friend in faith. The decision to have you as his Godmother could not have been an easier one. Thanks for thinking he is and was a big deal, by keeping faith in God.
ReplyDelete