 |
| Downtown on the Riverfront |
The Columbus Arts Festival rounded out our weekend of enjoying
festivals in June (June 8th and 9th). This extravaganza of art filled six streets and two parks including the newly reenergized Scioto Mile and Bicentennial Park. And boy, was there energy! With so much to see, we had to take two days to take it in.
 |
| Meeting up with Colleen |
Glass arts, ceramic arts, painting, photography, sculpture, oil crayon, metal works, digital arts, fiber art, jewelry... it was all there! Booth after booth of artist, who, from my humble opinion, had spent hours and hours of heartfelt time dedicated to his trade. Or perhaps it was just a hobby that God had developed into a passion and a career. I don't know each artist's story but I am in awe of what they are able to do. (I heard a report that 270 artists were accepted to have a booth this year.)
 |
| Roaming the art. |
Face painting, music, dancing, silouhettes, demonstrations at the Cultural Arts Center, and hands-on-art activities were available for the kids. Plus the fun of playing in the fountains at Bicentennial Park couldn't be beat.
 |
Love this sign:
Wiggly Children Accepted. |
On Saturday night, we were joined by another art fan- our friend Colleen, as well as my brother, Ross, who just likes to keep busy. Colleen and I have been to the Arts Festival together before, when it was relocated near Columbus State for a year. It was a pleasure to roam the booths and streets with both of them this year. Ross is not into "posed" photos... but I love taking photos of him anyway. Always interesting.
What will next year's festival hold? Check it out.
Columbus Arts Festival 2014
 |
| The standard Ross-photo-bomb. |
What great lighting for pictures! I'd like to go to that one year...it has been a while. Glad you had fun:)
ReplyDelete