I also find it impressive when someone sends you a handwritten note. Even better if it is for your birthday!
Not that a Facebook message or text message don't have the same meaning or sentiment. They do. And the 59 Fb messages and 12 texts brought a smile to my face and there was definitely the benefit of responding quickly to someone's well wishes.
But this year those 11 birthday cards that came by mail or given in-person, created a visual reminder to me of someone's thought. For that, I am thankful.
Keith even hid his birthday card for me in my purse so I would find it later in the day. I loved seeing his handwriting on the paper. So endearing. Also his card was of a T-Rex giving a hug... that is ironically hilarious. What a funny guy!
My children, who are perfecting their handwriting daily, were most excited about the delivery of balloons that came for my birthday (though not willing to show it in a photo that Mommy insisted on).
It is great to be 35 and still able to enjoy a handwritten note.
No comments:
Post a Comment