Tuesday, June 21, 2016

Longest Day

This little sweetie is 7 months old today and it is such a blessing to spend everyday with her. 
And...
Yesterday was the longest day of the year, right? Let's spend these long days together in the sunshine, baby girl!

 The sun!?!? (Read: pale people problems)
It's true. My own skin is so pale that I really do limit my time in the sun. Shade, please. Sunhat, yes. Long sleeves in summer, often. Sunscreen, everyday. 
And what do I lather the beautifully sweet baby skin of my two little ones with? 
Well, first let me say that I prayed that each of my children would inherit Keith's skin, but the jury is really still out on that... so we protect them like they have my sun-averse skin. 

I am not a fan of spending big bucks on anything but I have found that the sunscreen that isn't "toxic death cream" (winkwink, Carrie) is quite costly. As in, over $5 per ounce! Yikes! But let's put it in perspective... fewer burns, fewer rashes, and a decreased risk of skin cancer seems worth it. Plus, you don't need to use a ton of it. A little goes a loooong way with these.

Here's the deal. It is not necessarily about a high SPF. Look for Titanium Dioxide and Zinc Oxide as the ingredients. It is that simple. Products made with these are becoming easier to find. 
Brands that I have used:


No comments:

Post a Comment