We made a stop at the Goodie Shop. I had never been to this Upper Arlington bakery but am now trying to figure out ways to calculate it into my routes.
We were searching for a place to pick up a birthday treat for my mom (Happy 60th!!) on our way home from the doctor's office last week. Lo and behold, this little gem popped up. Tucked in the Tremont Center plaza, it is an old school bakery with decorated cookies, donuts, brownies, fruit cakes, and even chicken pot pies.
Eva enjoyed the free sample tray and is eager to revisit when there is less snow covering the kid-sized table on the patio area. I'll go back to try out the chicken pot pies (grab-and-go style in the freezer case) and I will make a mental note that this place has fruit cakes since I was recently discussing that I knew of no place that had fruit cakes any more. Noted.
Some other notable bakeries in town to explore:
ReplyDeletehttp://www.pistaciavera.com/
http://mozartscafe.com/mozarts-treats/
http://lachatelainebakery.com/bakery
http://www.thesisterssweetshoppe.com/ <-- they have "Grandma's Fruitcakes"