But first, Eva and I took a few side trips. One to head up north to spend time with Charlie and James. And another to spend time with Kara, Leah, and Bethany at their hotel pool.
In our northern journey, we got lost a little. This is mostly due to the fact that I don't use GPS (yup, Annie Atlas at your service) and there were some road closures I didn't expect, but the drive was pretty.
We had a great time with James and Charlie at the Safety Town park. Then continued the fun at Miller's Apple Hill. This fun apple-picking orchard seemed to be located in the mecca of apple orchards. We could have visited any one of the three orchards nearby. Carrie and I were a little apprehensive about how the kids (read: toddlers) would handle being out in the orchard but once each of them found their own apple, which was within the first 90 seconds of being dropped off by the tractor-pulled hayride, they were just fine. An apple in hand was clutch (pun intended).
Once back in Columbus, Eva and I were happy to join up with Kara, Leah, and Bethany for some hotel swim fun. Eva liked the pool almost as much as the big girls did but she really liked that they all wore "gagoos" (googles). We had a nice dinner afterward as well.
Our family fall fun at Pigeon Roost Farm was great. It does seem like a drive to get out to Kirkersville but I think it took fewer than 35 minutes. And Pigeon Roost is totally worth it. We had heard good things about this farm and all seemed to live up. Big pumpkins. Even humongous pumpkins. Straw. Farm animals. Games. Swings. Slides. A sand pit. Toddler Town. Giant gerbil wheels. Corn maze. Enchanted Forest with chickens wandering about. It was all there.
See you next fall, Pigeon Roost!
No comments:
Post a Comment