Thursday, May 28, 2015

Pioneer Woman Meatloaf

I caught the first five minutes of a Pioneer Woman episode the other day. She was making an Italian version of her Favorite Meatloaf. I didn't even know she had a favorite meatloaf but that makes sense.

I was inspired. I had extra bread, eggs, parmesan cheese and bacon (yes, she wraps her meatloaf in bacon). So all I needed was meat. I will encourage you to look at her favorite meatloaf recipe because I didn't want to take photos of raw meat for you. I did cook it about 30 minutes longer than she did because I really didn't want the meat to be pink.
Ingredients:

Meatloaf:
1 cup Whole Milk
6 slices White Bread
2 pounds Ground Beef (I used ground beef and ground turkey)
1 cup (heaping) Freshly Grated Parmesan Cheese
1/4 teaspoon Seasoned Salt
3/4 teaspoons Salt
Freshly Ground Black Pepper
1/3 cup Minced Flat-leaf Parsley
4 whole Eggs, Beaten
10 slices Thin/regular Bacon

Sauce:
1-1/2 cup Ketchup
1/3 cup Brown Sugar
1 teaspoon Dry Mustard
Tabasco To Taste

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Pour milk over the bread slices. Allow it to soak in for several minutes. Place the ground beef, milk-soaked bread, Parmesan, seasoned salt, salt, black pepper, and parsley in a large mixing bowl. Pour in beaten eggs.
With clean hands, mix the ingredients until well combined. Form loaf. Lay bacon slices over the top, tucking them underneath the meatloaf.
Make the sauce: add ketchup, brown sugar, mustard, and hot sauce in a mixing bowl. Stir together. Pour 1/3 of the mixture over the top of the bacon. Spread with a spoon.

Bake for 45 minutes, then pour another 1/3 of the sauce over the top. Bake for another 15 minutes. Slice and serve with remaining sauce.
Keith liked this recipe. I love Ree the Pioneer Woman but had a hard time falling in love with this meatloaf. So take it or leave it is my verdict.

No comments:

Post a Comment