Friday, February 13, 2015

Snuggling Banana Oat Muffins

Huh?

Well, little Miss Eva has been sick this week. Extra snuggles were in order. In fact, she really didn't want me to put her down at all. What is a mom to do? How 'bout this:
Once both mom and baby were content with the new set up, I could attempt to make the banana muffin recipe that my sister-in-law passed along. I was excited to try it because 
a) I had "all" the ingredients on hand,
b) It looks healthy enough to share with baby. 

Click on the recipe for full directions.    
The ingredients were:
1 cup Greek yogurt (I had 1/2  a cup and used another 1/2 cup of sour cream)
2 ripe bananas (I used three)
2 eggs
2 cups rolled oats
brown sugar, baking powder, baking soda, chocolate chips (yup!)
Oh, and I had cupcake liners!

It took me a little longer to make the muffins than the recipe says, probably because I had a baby strapped to me, but they were fairly simple to make. I also yielded 15 muffins perhaps because I put an extra banana in there. 
I love anything I can put butter on, so this was definitely a win in my book. Maybe you'll try the recipe and enjoy them, too. 

No comments:

Post a Comment