Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Anchors Aweigh! Shower

A drive to Youngstown for a Baby Hallas celebration with loving friends and family was the perfect way to spend the weekend. The food was delicious! The laughter was contagious! And the love filled the room!
We've got a Baby Girl on Board, so the ooo's and ahh's were sung in chorus. The nautical-themed shower was thrown my my mother-in-law, Suzie, and my dear friend, Carrie, complete with anchors on the cupcakes, plates, napkins, and several pieces of baby swimwear. Way to go ladies! Grandmas, aunts, cousins, 2nd cousins, friends and even Uncle Jeff came from all over Northeast Ohio and Western Pennsylvania for this.  We feel so blessed.


Baby Hallas had to have her cute nautical-themed clothes on display. 

Lunch was a full salad bar that everyone enjoyed. I went back for seconds and I am sure I wasn't the only one. The smorgasbord included spinach, romaine, cucumbers, mushrooms, carrots, celery, chick peas, peppers, broccoli, cauliflower, tomatoes, beets, cheese, nuts, chicken, fruit, cottage cheese and deviled eggs. 

Red-velvet cupcakes with cream cheese frosting? Okay! 
Justified by so much healthy salad it should be fine. =) 

My cousins, Kara, Leah and Bethany, seemed to have a good time as usual. 
Look, they even found a spot to laugh amongst the gift-takeover. 

Speaking of laughter, my mom and I must have thought of something funny to discuss. 
But smiling was easy at this shower. 

Carrie had a fun game where every guessed how much yarn could go around my belly. She could have called it "Guess the Girth" but it too polite for that. Grandma Lois, my cousin, Kathryn, and Keith's second cousin, Angelina, came closest in measurement. When we measured it off my actual belly, Grandma Lois won! I suppose that is the fate of a woman who worked as a nurse on the maternity ward for 30 years (although she told me she just measured out yarn from her nose to her outstretched hand.)


Even though it was a shower honoring our little baby bundle, we could have easily had a group baby shower. Four of the ladies at the shower are expecting four already-loved babies that should debut between Easter and Mother's Day-ish (sounds nicer than Easter to Armed Forces Day). From right to left: Julie due on Easter which is April 20th; Kathryn due May 12th, Karen scheduled for May14th, and Carrie Ann due May 16th which is the day before Armed Forces Day.  God is so wonderful to be creating all these tiny wonderful lives and wonderful moms!

I was so pleased to have my grandma, Keith's grandma, and Baby Girl Hallas's two grandmas in attendance that I had to have a photo. Five and a half women in one place... soon to be four generations of fantastic females. This is special for so many reasons. 

Soon-to-be "Mom" and "Dad" had a great day! 
"Mom" looks a little tired from all the fun...

Ready to set sail on the S.S. Hallas! You've all seen a diaper cake but Patti made a full-fledged diaper boat! Constructed from 180 diapers-- it had buoys, life vests, a propeller, and a captain.  Amazing.  

1 comment:

  1. I am so glad you got a nautical shower too! Valentines and nautical:) love the idea of a huge salad bar too. Your dress is adorable and I'm so happy for you!

    ReplyDelete