Tuesday, August 7, 2012

From the Kitchen: Lentil Salad

With the bounty of cherry tomatoes coming from the "volunteer" tomato plant, I needed to create more ways to use them up.  Enter a Mediterranean inspired mix that my mom and I have been enjoying for the past few summers.  I like to use few things from the garden and some extras from the grocery store.

  • Package of Lentils (I used TastyBite Barley Medley, but Mom uses a Trader Joe's version)
  • Cherry Tomatoes
  • Cucumbers, diced
  • Feta Cheese
  • Lemon Juice
  • Greek Dressing (I didn't use this because I forgot to buy it)
  • Fresh herbs (I used mint, basil and parsley)

Mix all ingredients together, to taste.  Chill for about an hour, and serve.  I served it over spinach today, and garnished with avocado and mint.  Such a good and filling lunch.   

Lentil Salad with a side of homemade chunky tomato soup.

No comments:

Post a Comment