Thursday, May 12, 2016

A spending list... of sorts

It is no secret that I am not a fan of spending money on too many things. Here are some things I dislike spending money on the most.

1) Windshield wiper blades. I wish someone would just gift these to me every six months so that when I get in my car while it's raining I am not forced to remember that I should have bought them 6 months ago!

2) Make-up. I always get sticker-shock when I stand in front of the Cover Girl display and see $11.99 for mascara?!?  This is why I went 3 months without a single tube of mascara this year and then bought the $5.99 mascara that, turns out, is not that great anyway.

3) Christmas Lights. Luckily, my husband enjoys buying and hanging these EVERY year. He always makes it look so beautiful despite my resistance to purchase.

4) Trash Bags. Environmentally AND financially opposed to these but how else do we get our trash out to the curb to be picked up?

5) Seafood. We have been spoiled by a North Carolina fisherman who distributes his bounty among our family.  What a blessing!
Running to a rain puddle on campus.
 6) Umbrellas. Oh, they are so pretty, but I always resist. I have one that I still use from high school (which means it has provided over 15 years of use). I also seem to find ones that have been missing at just the right moment. How merciful. And what is a little rain anyway?!? I figure that I am saving by not spending in this case.

No comments:

Post a Comment