Sunday, November 15, 2015

The Blessing of Waiting...

... while we wait for our little blessing. 

We are now past the point in pregnancy that we were with Eva. We really don't know what it is like to be 39 weeks, 3 days or beyond.  But we can rest easy because God has the date and time already picked out for Baby Girl Hallas #2. 

When we were waiting to become pregnant with Eva, I often had to remind myself that there IS blessing in waiting. In fact, if God gave us everything we wanted exactly when we wanted, we would miss out on so many blessings that our lives would be dull. 

Waiting allows us to be productive. 
Waiting allows us to be excited in anticipation.
Waiting often provides protection of our emotions. 
Waiting requires self-discipline. 
Waiting helps us mature. 
Waiting allows us to cling to our Sovereign Lord. 

I will use this current gift of waiting to practice patience. I want to see and appreciate all that the Lord has in store for us. If I choose not to be content with this waiting period, I might miss out on the true blessings. 

"The Lord is not slow in keeping His promise, as some understand slowness. He is patient with you, not wanting anyone to perish, but everyone to come to repentance."
-2 Peter 3:9

No comments:

Post a Comment