Saturday, December 6, 2014

Tis the Season

We've got lots going on. Isn't that how it goes this time of year? Thanksgiving meals and travels. Keith's car is in the shop. Cookie baking and getting the Christmas cards in the mail (or ordered). I'm getting ready to give Final Exams. Decorating and shopping. We still need to go get our Christmas tree this weekend.

My women's group at church had a program this week about the "hymns" of the Bible. It was neat to look at the song of the delivered Israelites in Exodus and Hannah's prayer in 1 Samuel. But during this busy time the year, I really like Zechariah's song in Luke that reminds me how John came to prepare the way for Jesus. "And you, my child, will be called a prophet of the Most High; for you will go on before the Lord to prepare the way for him, to give his people knowledge of salvation through the forgiveness of their sins." Luke 1:75-76

Keith and I had a fairly peaceful experience taking Eva to see Santa at the Grandview Library. It was neat to see the other parents with babies and kids. I know it is just Santa but in a way he prepares an open door for conversation about why we celebrate the birth of Jesus. Rosie the Comfort Dog was at the library for kids to see. She is owned by another Lutheran church in Arlington. I told Eva that Rosie knows Jesus, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment