One recipe is from the Martha Stewart website... which made me think it was pretty fancy, but it seemed very similar to a Rice Krispie Treat which made me compelled to look for a second recipe on the Rice Krispies Treat website.
Recipe #1
Coconut-Pecan Cereal Bars
1 package shredded coconut
1 1/2 cup pecan halves
1 package mini-marshmallows
4 tablespoons unsalted butter
4 cups cornflakes (I am using Frosted Flakes)
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spread coconut and pecans on a baking sheet and toast in the oven for 15-20 minutes. Meanwhile, spray a 9x13 baking pan with cooking spray. Then line the pan with wax paper leaving overhang on the sides and spray paper.
In a large nonstick pot, heat butter and marshmallows until melted. Stir frequently. Remove from heat. Stir in cereal, pecans, and coconut. Press into baking pan. Cool until firm. Cut into squares, removing wax paper. Enjoy!
Recipe #2
Trail Mix Rice Krispie Treats
2 cups mini-marshmallows
3 tablespoons butter
1/2 cup peanut butter
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 cups Rice Krispies Cereal
1 cup old-fashioned rolled oats
1/2 cup raisins or dried cherries or dried cranberries
1/2 cup nuts or seeds
In a large nonstick pot, heat butter and marshmallows until melted. Stir frequently. Remove from heat. Stir in peanut butter and vanilla until combined.
Add cereal, oats, fruit, and nuts until well-coated. Press into muffin-pan cups that have been coated with cooking spray. Cool until firm, lift out of pan with a fork. Enjoy! (note: These were a little less solid than I had hoped... next time I will use more marshmallows.)
| My little sous chef. |
Ah! Thank you for including Eva! I spy a Larkyn outfit:) I want to try bar #2 but add chocolate of course. Maybe mini mms! Good ideas...
ReplyDeleteThanks... hope you enjoy the take on Rice Krispies Treats. Eva wears a lot of Larkyn outfits. =)
Delete